So today's picture is of a blast from the past. As of August 4, 1990, this was the most ambitious project I had done:
It's still in the top two or three, but I think there might be some things that rank higher. I really made the dress in self defense. It was the era of all wedding dresses having rows and rows of tiny organza ruffles that made a girl look not so much like a bride as a piece of popcorn.
It was also cotton sateen instead of taffeta or satin made out of some manufactured fiber. When one gets married in Texas in August, one wants a fabric that breathes.
Today I'm still not feeling 100%, but work is continuing on some night clothes for the Disney trip. Pictures to follow tomorrow.
Happy Anniversary to Stache's Grandpa! Can't wait until we're celebrating #25 next year!

No comments:
Post a Comment