Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Dead in the water

The third row of the quilt is pretty awesome. There's a quilt section function, plus a nifty hash mark that gets added in, where you line up the needle with the pattern on the computer screen, and the machine lines it all up. It does take a little skill. I have some gaps on the first join, but the second and third joins are pretty decent.


I think next time I'll put a basting stitch in instead of using chalk for lining up the arrows on the hoop.  I ran out of stabilizer (stuff I put underneath the fabric that holds it steady during embroidery, so I can't work on the quilt today except for cutting squares or that sort of thing. I'm working on other projects instead, getting ready for the fall Disney trip.

Here's a picture of the quilt as laid out so far:


It bears a passing resemblance to the picture on the internet, so I'm content.


No comments:

Post a Comment