Monday, July 21, 2014

Row Two

I finished the second row of blocks on Sunday.


I also made a doll raincoat.


The fabric for the coat was something I ordered along with polylaminate diaper fabric when I first started making diapers. It's more of a nylon canvas that's been rubberized on the back. Excellent for a raincoat, but difficult to work with in terms of shaping. I'm not sure if I'll make another coat using this combination of pattern and fabric again. I plan to use the rest of it to make a sling bag for our Disney trip this fall. It will be at least very water resistant, and I can add a pocket to the outside with some embroidery in a different fabric to tone down the yellow. Eh... depending on how much fabric the bag leaves, I may make one more coat and hat out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment